Sunday 13 January 2013

The Long Lost Q&A


Your name: 
David Bronson.

Where are you from?
New Jersey, USA.

Name of band:
The Long Lost.

Who else is in your band?
Jeremy Bronson – drums; Robbie 'Seahag' Mangano - guitar, bass; Maria Neckam - Vocals, Keyboards; Jordan Shapiro - Keyboards, Guitar; and Adam Minkoff – Bass.

How would you describe yourself?
Songwriter/producer/musician/arranger/bandleader/poet/artist.

Who are your main influences musically?
My main influences in music are definitely first and foremost the rock album format and the vocal-based rock song format. As far as a few other artists, Neil Young, Peter Gabriel, Paul Simon, John Lennon, Charles Bukowski, Stanley Kubrick.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I look forward to continuing to support my artistic life as well as support a family life with my music.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of my career so far has been the gift of being able to work on something I find true meaning in every day. Every other isolated music-related thing pretty much pales in comparison to that for me (and I'm not great at recalling those kinds of things on the spot, anyway).

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I really don't wish to forget any of the moments of my life. Although some have certainly been difficult, they have all added up to something I feel very grateful for.

If you could choose one of your songs as an advert for your music, what would it be and why?
It would be pretty much impossible for me to choose one song to represent all of my music. They've all been part of my development as a songwriter, an artist, and a person, and (I think) show different but equally existing sides of me as an artist and person. That being said, the song 'Us' from my album 'Story' comes to mind, for its simplicity of structure, arrangement, and subject matter.

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?





Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Just that I really believe, and believe in, what I say and what I write about. I think there is real, true meaning in life and in art as an extension of life, and I take these things very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment