Tuesday 19 February 2013

Phil Jackson Q&A


Your name:
Phil Jackson.

Where are you from?
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK.

How would you describe yourself?
I am a singer/songwriter/performer/multi-instrumentalist/producer who enjoys writing different styles of songs in Pop/Rock/Folk/Country/RockNRoll...whatever and performing whenever I get the opportunity.

Who are your main influences musically?
Too many to mention really but - Queen, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jim Reeves, Simon & Garfunkel, Beatles, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Everly Brothers, Johnny Cash... and lots of others. I enjoy alot of singers from the crooners to the old country/blues/folk singers and into general pop culture. Singing is a big part of what shapes my music :)

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Like anyone, I would like to be as successful as possible, whatever form that may take. But, I would love for my songs to have a life of their own and communicate to lots of people as I think they have a lot of appeal and positive sentiments for people to relate to and enjoy. I would also enjoy being more successful as a performer, as it's a big part of who I am and I feel I have a lot to give.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Probably playing at Latitude 2011 with my previous band The B Goodes www.bgoodes.com . It was something we couldn't have imagined doing at the time and it was a special moment. Also performing with Neil Innes of the Rutles/Monty Python/Bonzo Dog Band in 2010 was like a dream realised.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Hmmmm, not sure... probably my previous band splitting up. We had something really very special but didn't realise our full potential in the public conscience.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Not easy to answer as I write quite different styles, but I guess the song 'So Long Gone' is very me. A very moody but pretty ballad that has a lot of dream like qualities and everyone seems to like it, it's also featured on my debut EP I've just released.

Where can we listen to it? 




Where can we find out more about your music?
My brand new EP is downloadable on ITunes here - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/phil-jackson-ep/id576345971 . For updates on releases, gigs etc go to my facebook and twitter www.facebook.com/philjacksonmusic https://twitter.com/PhilActionJack these are updated by myself, so don't be shy I love to interact and communicate with my fans.
Hear all sorts of my stuff here on soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/philjacksonmusic and this is my main site with all sorts of links onwww.philjacksonmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment