Saturday 2 March 2013

Visc Q&A


Your name:
Dylan Fellows

Where are you from?
I am from Athens, Georgia, but grew up in Holland, Michigan, USA.

Name of band:
Visc. 

How would you describe yourself?
I am a 19-year-old who just likes to make music. I like to collaborate with people, and I have been told that if I had a normal metabolism, I would be a monster.   
If I were to describe Visc in one word, it would be eclectic-with-a-taste-of-grit. My tunes range from regular ol' alternative rock, to much more interesting electronic stuff, but I always try to keep a theme going, even if I'm not always successful.  

Who are your main influences musically?
Back in '05-'06 I got into Muse, which really propelled me into music. Since then I have also become a big fan of The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, and the Arctic Monkeys. However, my musical influences are not limited to modern music. I also like 60's music and Motown a lot. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
As far a musical goals go, I'd really like to make another symphony, and I'd also like to score a soundtrack for a film someday. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I think my favorite part of my 'career' so far has been meeting Lars Iversen of The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. It wasn't exactly a career meeting, but I showed him my music, so I'm counting it. I've always modelled certain aspects of my production after his work, so it was really nice to actually meet the guy and find out that he is, in fact, a badass. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
You know, I don't think I have really had moments that I want to forget, other than some old songs that I can't believe I released. There's this one song (that's still actually on my front page) called 'Apollo'. I mixed it when I was just getting into mixing, so it's pretty much a giant wall of sound that just relentlessly pounds into your ears for 3 minutes and 20 seconds. I've been meaning to redo it, but it's just so boring to work on that one. 

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I think if I were to choose just one song that most accurately represents Visc, it would be 'All the Little Things'. Not only is it my most popular song, but it's just weird and unique sounding. It's in 7/8, has harsh tones throughout, and is held together by a weird drum beat, and a vocal line with some slap-back reverb.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
Well I can always be found on Facebook, but I've begun to use Twitter more, and I found that I like that a lot more. To listen to my featured songs, you can go to soundcloud. To download all of my released work for free, go to bandcamp. 

Twitter: @ViscMusic
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/visc
Bandcamp: Visc.bandcamp.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Nothing more about me, but be sure to check out my buddy 'Known to be Lethal' at http://soundcloud.com/known-to-be-lethal

No comments:

Post a Comment