Tuesday 28 May 2013

Weekend Riot Club Q&A

Your name:
Melissa Marchese.

Where are you from?
We all hail from the legendary rock n roll town that is Hamilton, Ontario. Halfway between where I grew up, Niagara Falls, and Toronto. Lots of great shit going on in this town... music... art... comedy.. there's a kind of renaissance happening in our city right now. It's really exciting. 

Name of band:
Weekend Riot Club.

Who else is in your band?
There's two more... Paul Fontes is our drummer and Mike Chetcuti is on guitars. They're both also from Hamilton.

How would you describe yourselves?
Our music is definitely alternative rock... we're pretty energetic and passionate. Lots of heavy guitar riffs, straight ahead solid rock. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Man oh man... so many! Growing up I listened to everything from Shania Twain, to Alanis, to Roy Orbison (my daddy's fav). I've always been a huge Joss Stone fan too...  When we started WRC I really started getting into 90s grunge. When we're chillin with the band you can usually find us listening to Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Incubus and the like... 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Our goal has also been to just write, record and play shows. We want to be able to do that every day, all day... However that manifests itself is fine by me.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The first show we put together in our hometown after finishing up recording our album. It was just us and the people that get what we're all about. To have and feel that support is truly indescribable, the energy in the room was out of control. I will never forget it. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Haha.. I remember it very clearly and won't be forgetting it any time soon because it's on YouTube. I was going through a really tough time when we first started the band while I was still working as a full-time teacher. I ended up quitting my job and, in the middle of a set, got all caught up emotionally and announced that I had just left my job as a teacher! My close friends and family were in the crowd that night, and thinking back... it was probably not the best way to let them know... haha

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Things are Looking Up Again. It was the first song we wrote that we knew we'd base an album around. It's also got the message of love and hope we're trying to share.

Where can we listen to it?
We made a video (our first) for this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CGXooy_Ezc 



Where can we find out more about your music?
Our website's a great place to start: www.weekendriotclub.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?

Just want to say thank you. We're really proud and excited to share our first album with everyone. It drops June 4th on itunes, bandcamp and our website. Our fan club members get a free digital download of the album early and can sign up free here: http://weekendriotclub.wordpress.com/fan-club/

No comments:

Post a Comment