Sunday 23 June 2013

Scott Lloyd Q&A

Your name:
Scott Lloyd.

Where are you from?
I was born in Middlesbrough, now live in Manchester, UK.

How would you describe yourselves?
Acoustic, folk, singer-songwriter.

Who are your main influences musically?
It's a combination of Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Simon & Garfunkel to name a few. I like the idea of one person sharing their own ideas through their music because its exactly what they want you to hear, nothing is tainted by anyone but the songwriter. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Taking away trying to write the best songs I possibly can, I reckon being able to sustain a living from being a musician is up there with the top goals. I've wanted to play on Jools Holland's show for as long as I can remember as well. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Releasing my debut EP in June 2013 was really good because it feels like I'm now on the musical map, if you get me. I've got my foot in the door now and I can only keep moving forwards.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't think I've got any forgettable moments yet. I'm sure they'll be a few coming along though. But if anything ever does go wrong I'm not the one to have sleepless nights about it.

If you could choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Probably the title track from my EP, 'Long Live You'. It's the song I'm most proud of because I know I put a lot of effort into it. I had the opening riff for years before I could work out anything that would go with it. Then when it  did come to me one random day I knew I'd really hit on something. And the theme and lyrics really strike a chord with everyone who hears it.

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask?
Basically, I'm gigging a lot around the Manchester area and planning a little tour of UK this summer. I'm writing music all the time and looking towards my next release already. My debut EP is available online as download and as a CD. All info. is on my website. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment