Sunday 28 July 2013

Closer To Closure Q&A

Your names:
Grant Beaudry (Drums) and Matt Caloca (Vocals).

Where are you guys from?
Los Angeles, California.

Name of band:
Closer To Closure

Who else is in your band?
Chris Crane (Bass) and Matt Medina (Guitar).

How would you describe yourselves?
(Grant) Genre: Post-hardcore/alternative/rock  
(Matt) We're a very energetic heavy rock band consisting of four guys that have a lot of stories and messages to share through our music. 

Who are your main influences musically?
(Grant) Each person in the band definitely has their own influences when it comes to music. I listen to bands like Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Tonight Alive, The Story So Far, and Periphery just to name a few.
(Matt) Musically our influences are all over the place. We like to listen to a lot different genres of music like indie, alternative, pop, hip-hop/RnB, metal, hardcore, classic rock, and modern day rock. During the writing process we all have the freedom to put in a piece of our own influences individually and I feel like that's what truly solidifies our sound. I have way too many influences to list but just to name a few: The Beatles, Eddie Van Halen, Justin Timberlake, Panic! at the Disco, Escape the Fate, and pretty much every band Grant listed.  

What do you hope to achieve in music?
(Matt) Our main goal is to have a connection with as many people as we possibly can through our music. All of our songs have a story to tell and a message to be spread, and if any of our songs can inspire, motivate, or even bring hope to somebody going through or has already gone through a similar situation, we know we're serving our true purpose as artists. We plan to take Closer To Closure as far as we possibly can and we have no plans of stopping any time soon. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
(Grant) It would have to be the Attack Attack! tour so far. It was amazing sharing the stage each night for a month with Attack Attack!, The Plot In You, Get Scared, and Dangerkids. Touring the whole country was amazing too.
(Matt) Definitely touring with Attack Attack! I was able to see places I never thought I'd see in my life and also had the pleasure of meeting so many amazing people. I had the time of my life on that tour and it'll be an experience I'll never forget. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
(Grant) I don't have any to be honest. I believe that every single thing happens for a legitimate reason since the start of the band.
(Matt) Nothing. I treasure every moment with this band. Even the bad moments, because in the end it's all apart of our journey and every moment makes our story special.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
(Grant) Our newest single called 'Places' because it perfectly represents the direction we're going with our future releases.
(Matt) It's the most recent song we put out called 'Places.' This song means a lot to me and it's technically the first song I've ever written with this band. I feel like this song best represents our band because it's about following your dreams and never giving up, no matter how many people try to tell you that you can't achieve it. I grew up with a lot of people telling me I could never make being in a band my career and to stop wasting my time and get a real job. This song is about me proving everybody who said I couldn't do it wrong, because I did get to live my dream by going on tour with Attack Attack all around the United States! And now that I got a little taste of what it's like to live it, I'm just working day by day to make that dream a reality for my band full-time. Our band's purpose is to inspire people with positive messages, and following your dreams is one we strongly encourage to everybody.



Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment