Monday 1 July 2013

See You In Reno Q&A

Your name: 
Adam Midas Rich (vocals/guitar).

Where are you from? 
Chelmsford/Brentwood, Essex, England.

Name of band: 
See You In Reno.

Who else is in your band? 
Tobias Franklyn Sexton (guitar), Iain Scott Walker (bass) and Nathan Berner (drums).

How would you describe yourselves? 
We’ve always fallen down on that one, so I’ll go with a little bit like Nando’s. Some people like it spicy, some people like it mild, and some people just don’t see the ****ing point. I think we cater for all of the above.

Who are your main influences musically? 
We’ve got a pretty eclectic taste as a group. I think between us we cover most genres, but rather than listing 2,000 bands, I’m going to say that everything you listen to influences what you do, it can’t not. I love Hot Chip. Do we sound like Hot Chip? No, but I’d love to think they’ve had a say in the things I’ve written in one way or another.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I’d like to make it my living, and I’m sure the boys would say the same.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
We shared the same stage as Future of the Left once a few years back. To make things better it was inside a tent at a festival and it started raining, so people pretty much had no choice but to come in and watch us. Not sure you can top that.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
All the time I spent on the toilet after the festival. Pretty sure I had some nasty Chicken.

If you had to choose just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
I think it would be wildly different for all of us, but for me it has to be ‘Collars Are For Dogs’. It’s punchy, addictive, has a lot of energy and good dynamics, and they’re some of my favourite lyrics. Plus the title is factual.

Where can we listen to it?
I was about to say you can’t! Then I remembered we’ve got a live rendition here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEnucbZqAds



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band that I forgot to ask? 
We’re looking to gig whenever we can at the moment, so if any bands out there fancy a show or any promoters fancy putting us on, I doubt we’d say no (subject to prior arrangements).

No comments:

Post a Comment