Wednesday 25 September 2013

Sirens & Shelter Q&A

Your name: 
Scott Mallard.

Where are you from? 
North Kent, England.

Name of band: 
Sirens & Shelter.

Who else is in your band? 
It's just me!

How would you describe yourself? 
I'm reasonably tall, average build, I sweat a lot, I don't like shaving much and my teeth aren't so great. I spend most of the year in jean shorts and a t-shirt.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Mike Kinsella (Owen), Sam Duckworth (GetCapeWearCapeFly), Good Old War, The Dangerous Summer. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
That I sell enough records at a show to afford Dominos pizza on the way home.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Touring with The Satellite Year and Giants (UK) because I got to ride along in an amazing bus! Either that or playing a sold out show in Barcelona.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Swearing a lot because I was really nervous/excited at family show... this happens too much come to think of it.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Probably my new single 'Landing Lights' as it's pure passion and emotion mixed with some cool acoustic guitar licks and it's real catchy.

Where can we listen to it? 
It will be on my soundcloud page soon! http://www.soundcloud.com/sirens_shelter

Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask? 
My album 'Through The War' is out on the 10th October 2013 on Engineer Records... you should listen to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment