Friday 31 January 2014

Glitchfield Plaines Q&A

Band name: 
Glitchfield Plaines.

Where are you from?
I'm from the North West of England, specifically Marshside in Southport.

Who else is in your band?
Glitchfield consists of one, although I do collaborate!

How would you describe yourself? 
I like to mix live instrumentation and recorded sound with that of synths and computer-based audio. I like to experiment with audio often sending recorded audio through external effects units and re-recording the results. I am always looking for different ways to use sound or process it, using the speaker on a childs toy to degrade a sound is something I embrace, or using a toy piano to create a melody. Broadly speaking I produce electronica.

Who are your main influences musically? 
I absorb and filter many different things musically, I admire Four Tet & Boards of Canada within electronica though.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
All I want is to enjoy creating music (I already do), anything else is a bonus.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
It's still young, but I think collaborating with the talented Hepman Platofv for a start, and also, the great response I've had to the music I've put out so far.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I've forgotten. What moment?
If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Travel Plexus, it has a lot of layers and has details that you may not pick up from just one listen, I like that in music.





Where can we find out more about your music? 
You can follow me on twitter; https://twitter.com/Glitch_field find me on bandcamp; http://glitchfieldplaines.bandcamp.com/ and on soundcloud;https://soundcloud.com/glitchfieldplaines

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask? 
Only that 2014 is shaping up to be a good year for Glitchfield, there's a couple of collabs in the pipeline, as well as tracks I'm working on that I'll maybe issue as an EP, plus I'm helping with production on some tracks for others that I think will be released in the next couple of months. There's just not enough hours in the day for me at the moment! But I like it that way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment