Saturday 18 January 2014

Liam McClair Q&A

Your name:  
Liam McClair.

Where are you from?
Wilmslow, Cheshire, England.

How would you describe yourself?
Acoustic singer songwriter, similar to Nick Drake, James Taylor and Paolo Nutini.

Who are your main influences musically?
Bill Withers, Radiohead, Alt J , Nick Drake, Arctic Monkeys, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, James  Taylor, Paolo Nutini.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to become a recording artist who can tour all over the world seeing new places and playing my music to new audiences every night.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
My EP was released in June and the title track How was played at Old Trafford twice during home matches for Manchester United. I was also featured in the Match Day programme and tweeted about by the official Manchester United Twitter. The story of my song being played made the local, regional and national press, it was a fantastic experience and brilliant exposure for me.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Breaking my guitar at a gig after a few too many drinks! Luckily it got fixed but that was a horrible moment, I thought it was broken for good. I don’t really drink at gigs anymore due to what happened.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My song How, it’s got pop elements to it, it’s got a catchy melody. It is the kind of music that I was keen on making and I think that track sums up what it is I am trying to achieve with my music

Where can we listen to it?




Where can we find out more about your music?
My Debut Ep is available to down load here: 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I have just released a new track which is available now to download for Free!
https://soundcloud.com/liammcclair/time-with-you-liam-mcclair

No comments:

Post a Comment