Friday 21 February 2014

Analog 80 Q&A

Band name: 
Analog 80.

Where are you from?
Paris, France, but now I live in Brussels, Belgium.

How would you describe yourselves?
I'm a French electronic composer and musician. Passionate by refined and pure clean sounds, simple and efficient melodies, I perpetuate an electronic music tradition from electronic pioneers... I'm maybe part of the new French "retro futuristic" movement!

Who are your main influences musically?
Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Jarre, Vangelis, 80's Synthpop and New french scene : Kavinsky, Daft Punk, Arnaud Rebotini and Air...

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to realize many albums in different styles (some more experimental, some more ambient and some more electro) and hopefully having them released on a good label to take my music on a higher level and reach more people in the world.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I just started my career with Analog 80, I didn't have real highlight for the moment...But I got some very nice feedbacks from people who follow me via internet and sometimes by eminent artists. Lately, I've been chosen for a South American electro tribute compilation and one for German Kraftwerk related compilation. It's very encouraging for me to be recognized in so little time.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
When I sold a synth to make room...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Microgravity because it was composed very quickly and directly on my different synths. I like this spontaneity and immediacy when I create a track. It was like a moment of grace. It's also for me a perfect mix between minimal, analog sounds and powerful rhythm I like to use.

Where can we listen to it?
here for the studio version :
https://analog80.bandcamp.com/track/microgravity



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Video links :

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
My first EP is available on Bandcamp. Digital and CD Digipack in limited edition.
https://analog80.bandcamp.com/
Also on ITunes on "Mastered for ITunes" version :
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/album/the-dream-box-ep/id721867502

No comments:

Post a Comment