Monday 24 February 2014

The Suburb Q&A

Your name:
My name is The Suburb, I inherited the body of Raül Bonilla on the doctor's orders.

Where are you from?
Barcelona, Spain.

Name of band:
The Suburb.

Who else is in your band?
I play on my own and/or as a power trio with a couple of mates in live acts.

How would you describe yourselves?
I enjoy an indie rock punk folk pop fun approach to music. Recently, since I decided to make a videosong every week for one year, I've discovered how fun making videos is and I've found I love visual experimentation as much as music...

Who are your main influences musically?
I love Beck, Devendra Banhart and Micachu in their eclectic approach to music and Nirvana and Deerhunter in their blend of noise and straight forward melodies.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to play around, record what I hear in my mind and share it and develope the visual side of myself I've just discovered.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The Suburb is a new-born baby and since it is growing by the hour every day is a highlight.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Each time someone tells me how I should or shouldn't do things to succeed. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
By now I'm only making covers, but you could judge yourself if you check what I've done with 'Video killed the radio star' by The Buggles - I think this is my best visual work -  or 'XO' by Beyoncé, both songs suggested by friends through my website (yes, I accept suggestions thorugh my website as a part of my own personal challenge ;)...
Oh....you said just one song? sorry...I'd go for XO then...it was the most difficult to adapt to my style.

Where can we listen to it?
Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I'm making a new videosong every Friday (youtube) for one year. I'm releasing a covers album on the 23rd of April and starting a crowdfund campaign for it on the 5th of March. 
In May I'll start releasing original songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment