Tuesday 4 March 2014

Rolin Humes Q&A

Photo by : Vedran Tomac "W"
Your name: 
Robert James Hudulin.

Where are you from?  
Croatia.

Name of band: 
Rolin Humes.

Who else is in your band?
Nikola-guitar, Emil - bass, Matej - drums, Robert - piano,vocal.

How would you describe yourselves? 
We are pop/rock/blues quartet that's slowly becoming a circus blues act.

Who are your main influences musically? 
All four of us must have been influenced by many different cultures, societies and music genres. I guess everything we get in touch with influences us somehow and determines our musical expression but I am not aware of these influences and I would like that it remains so. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
We are very ambitious and we hope to achieve everything. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight of our career so far would be the album that we've recorded. We spent a lot of energy, money and time in realising the album, now we are spending even more energy, money and time promoting it. But we enjoy it!

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Every moment, bad or good, brought us where we are at this moment and I believe that we will eventually end up where we want to .I prefer to think that everything that happened to us, happened for a good reason.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
This is a hard one. Maybe if I answered this question yesterday or any other day I would choose a different song. I will choose a song entitled "I don't know what I don't wanna know and I don't go where I don't wanna go". I guess I chose it because it's our longest song (18 minutes and 18 seconds) and as we communicate with our music this would be our longest communication with our listener and maybe the most thorough one.

Where can we listen to it? https://rolinhumes.bandcamp.com/




Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
VIVAT CRESCAT FLOREAT.
I wish you all to live, grow and flourish!


No comments:

Post a Comment