Saturday 12 April 2014

David Neil Q&A

Your name:
David Neil.

Where are you from?
I'm from Whitby in the North East of England. Currently living in Edinburgh.

Name of band:
David Neil.

Who else is in your band?
Daniel McGarry - Guitar
Andrew Turnbull - Drums
Scott Rafferty - Guitar/Keys
Ben Lobban - Bass/Keys

How would you describe yourselves?
Honest and heartfelt songwriting. I wear my many different influences on my sleeve. My music is brought to life by my fantastic band. 

Who are your main influences musically?
I'd say it's songwriters such as David Gray, John Mayer, Neil Young and Tom that have the most influence on my music. I'm also a huge Matt Corby fan. I love timeless songwriting. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I take things one step at a time but I'm very ambitious and so are the band. At the moment the next target is to tour the UK in the summer and to play a few festivals. We'll see where that takes us. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Releasing an EP and performing it live was a fantastic experience and me and the band and we really enjoyed the show. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I honestly can't think of one. I've definitely made mistakes and I look back at them sometimes but you've just gotta learn from them and move on as with anything.  

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
It's difficult to choose as the E.P contains a range of material but 'Letting you go' would be a good starting point for people who want to check out my music. 

Where can we listen to it?
https://soundcloud.com/davidneilband/sets/castaway-e-p (Link to my debut E.P on Soundcloud)




Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Me and the band are currently working on a new EP, which will be released later this year. We're also going to be touring in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment