Thursday 3 April 2014

Psylhouette Q&A

Your name:
I go by my producer name Shadowless Man on this one, sorry to be faceless.

Where are you from?
Brighton, UK.

Name of band:
Psylhouette ­ probably a silent 'P', but say it if you want, I won't mind.


Who else is in your band?
This one is just me, I play all the instruments and handle all the production. Hopefully there'll be a live incarnation of the project soon featuring some other people. You'll quite often to see Psylhouette referred to with "us" and "they", it's just the way it is.

How would you describe yourselves?
This is a bit of an exploration, to see what comes out if I'm left to my own devices.

Who are your main influences musically?
For this project, I was looking to bands like Can, The Doors, Sigur Ros, Neu!, I doubt I got anywhere close, but it's only my first EP.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
The chance to get the time to develop artistically, that's so important. Few people get there straight away. I'm so fascinated and immersed in music, if anything I do can become a small part of someone else's musical experience, that would be amazing.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I've been lucky to work with some great people on some great projects over the years.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There have been tough times, that's for sure, but I think most people who are involved with music sometimes wonder why they bother, but then can't seem to stop doing it.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
There's only four tracks in Psylhouette's catalogue so far, the title track off the new EP "In on the Outside" might be a good place to start, I've written a few tracks in 7/4, it's such a solid groove.

Where can we listen to it?
You can hear clips from all four tracks on the EP on Soundcloud, follow us too if you have an account ­ https://soundcloud.com/psylhouette/



Where can we find out more about your music?
Trying to be good on Twitter follow us here ­ https://twitter.com/Psylhouette
Facebook page is here ­ https://www.facebook.com/Psylhouette
The main website is just pretty rather than informative ­ http://psylhouette.co.uk/


Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
The debut EP was out 24th March, it'll be on general digital release on the main outlets like iTunes and Amazon, as well as Spotify, and best of all on our website ­http://psylhouette.co.uk/shop/

No comments:

Post a Comment