Wednesday 4 June 2014

Ben Wachman Q&A

Your name: 
Ben Wachman.

Where are you from? 
Orange County, California.

How would you describe yourself? 
Down to Earth, easy to get along with, easy going, but very competitive. If I'm gonna do something it's gonna be at 200% or I won't do it at all. Hard worker and know what it takes to make it to where I want to be. Won't be satisfied till I get there and when I get there I'll always be looking looking for the next step in life. Never complacent. 

Who are your main influences musically?
A wide variety. When it comes to songwriting I listen to Maroon 5, One Republic, Gavin Degraw, John Mayer. Vocally I love old school soul. Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Stevie Wonder. I love melodies and playing around with harmonies/chordal structures.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I want to be recognized for the talent I have by the best who have done it before me. I wanna represent someone who used hard work, dedication, and determination to make it to the top. I want to be the example and lead by action, change the world through music. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
I graduated from Berklee College of Music in the spring of 2011. That was when I began my music career full time in the real world. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
No regrets, we learn from everything we do. Good and bad.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
'Get Out of Here'. I'm in my own world, doin what I am meant to do. I'm aware of what's out there but I'd rather be a leader of my own then follow and get lost in the herd. If anyone wants to come along they are more than welcome to but I'm not trying to talk about it and I'm not crying out for help. I'm just doin it.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment