Friday 27 June 2014

King Kash Q&A

Photography by Chris Brink
Your name:
King Kash.

Where are you from?:
Walthamstow, London.

How would you describe yourself?
I'm a rapper and producer and I make hip hop music. Growing up in East London I had the benefit of meeting people of different backgrounds and cultures this has helped in both shaping the production of my music and my outlook in terms of my approach to writing.

Who are your main influences musically?
Dr Dre played a very big influence in my life growing up. He has great attention to detail and sound and I try to emulate that ethos of making music to the highest possible calibre. As far as rappers Krs One, 2pac, Nas, are all influences of mine I admire their candid takes on life, they don't sugarcoat the message they're trying to get across therefore their music connects. Even outside of hip hop I really a big fan of George Clinton's work - that guy is a genius!

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To put on my own world tour! Even in this unpredictable social media digital-age of music, one constant since even before the days of vinyl was people's willingness to go out and enjoy live entertainment if they felt it appealed to them. I don't see that need going away anytime soon. I think it would also be great for me to know my music can really cross different cultures and borders.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Good question! I would probably say last year when i put on my biggest headline show to date. I've had got a lot of grass roots support and a lot of people discover who I am through my live shows and to see that all come together was a great feeling.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I forgot the lyrics to one of my songs one time, which was embarrassing to say the least...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would probably say "Push It Forward", however this is a track that hasn't been released yet - there's only a live performance video of it. It tells of my journey so far and the underlying message of continually pushing towards your end goal is something that I have lived by both inside and outside the music industry. 

Where can we listen to it? 
King Kash Live Performance @ RichMix, Shoredtich: http://youtu.be/dUkSGX2dlK0


Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Look out for my next single, which will be released at the end of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment