Friday 18 July 2014

Jessica Speziale Q&A

Your name: 
My name is Jessica Speziale :)

Where are you from?  
I'm an independent artist from Toronto, Canada.

How would you describe yourself? 
I like to describe my sound as pop/rock with soul. I do powerhouse vocals with the intent of Serena Ryder and the soul of Alicia Keys. 

Who are your main influences musically?  
I was really influenced by 90s pop and rock when I first got started in music! Alanis Morissette, Silverchair, Hanson, Sass Jordan, Chirstina Aguilera...and all those bands and artists that were in heavy rotation on Much Music (Canada's music television station) at the time! More recent influences include Marianas Trench, Sam Roberts, and Sharon Jones.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I would love to be Taylor Swift! haha. Touring the world, playing music all the time, writing with all kinds of artists...I want to be part of the next wave of popular sound.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Oh man, there's so much to choose from!! haha. One of my favourite moments was this great weekend where my band and I roadtripped out to Ottawa, Ontario, for a two nights and did three interviews and a show. Then we drove back to Toronto and played one of Canada's bigger festivals, North by Northeast. It was a whirlwind of awesome! I love being on the road.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Haha! I MISSED a show a few years ago because of a miscommunication with a promoter. I was stressing out for a week afterwards! I really value being organized and prompt, and that was really embarrassing.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
Oooh, good question! As it stands today, I would say "Brace Yourself"! I wrote it in my teens, so it's an oldie, but it keeps growing with me. It's rocky, it's pop, and it's got that empowerment emotion that I'm fond of writing about :)

Where can we listen to it?
You can watch the official music video for it here: http://youtu.be/o8KkR0NI8KM  Or if you prefer just sound, it's on soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/jessicaspeziale/brace-yourself 


Where can we find out more about your music?
Are you ready for this?  haha 

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
Thank you so much for having me! I've been really fortunate to co-write and sing on a new track recently with UK dance artist David Bean called Come Alive! I'd love to share it with you here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDkSiQgnoE4&feature=share&list=FLq6pDv422FNRytNdd6cagig 
Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment