Sunday 27 July 2014

Lish Ventura Q&A

Your name
Alycia (Lish) Ventura. 

Where are you from? 
Leominster, Massachusetts, USA.

How would you describe yourselves?
I like to think of myself from a singing perspective as a person who can sing whatever is thrown at them. I literally can sing anything from Birdy to Evanesence. Its really just about emotion and trying to send the message that the song is trying to get across.

Who are your main influences musically? 
Mostly Katy Perry, because she was rejected by numerous record labels, but never gave up on her dream. 

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
I want to inspire someone to persevere a career that they love. Most people get put down when they want their dreams to come true, so I want someone to look at me and say, "If she did it, why can't I?"

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Being number three on the Boston pop charts is possibly the greatest thing to ever happen to me, because I get told that I am a fantastic singer all the time by friends and family, it isn't out of the ordinary. But when complete strangers look at what I have to offer and like it, that's when it hits you that you have something. Also, my video "Imaginary"is one of my larger accomplishments on this path. We had a lot of people in the production of this video and we had a lot of fun doing it.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I don't want to forget anything, really. I know it sounds corny, but every mistake you make on a career path is a lesson, and if i forgot one of my lessons, I don't think I would be where I am today. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
At the moment, I just have cover songs posted. But the song that represents me, and what I want my music to represent is Titanium. Its influential in many ways: "you shoot me down, but I won't fall, I am titanium." The beat of the music is really happy and fun too. 

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
My new songs will be released in late 2014 and early 2015 , for starters. I will be accomplishing a lot soon! I am currently working in the studio with Emmy/Platinum Award winning producer Sunny Lake, Media Producer Eric Baird, and Music Industry Veteran Hugh Norton at Crush Media Studios near Boston, Massachusetts. I am currently writing new songs for an album. We are not sure of the release date as of yet, but we are moving as quickly as possible to get it all complete. I continue to write new songs each week as the whole thing takes shape. I'm really excited to share it all with he world, but I also want to make sure it's just right before we do. I want make sure I have a great connection to this new music and it's something my fans will also feel is the right thing. I want them to feel this music they way that I do. We are having a lot of fun and I think in the end that is the most important thing. You have to love what you do. Now that my fan base has really started to grow I have gained a new appreciation for all of them. The comments really drive me to keep pushing harder. This whole thing is going to take off and I am so thrilled to be right here in the middle. Nothing could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment