Tuesday 16 September 2014

Set It Off to release second album

POP rockers Set It Off will release their second album Duality on October 14th.

The album - the follow up to 2012's Cinematics - was recorded in LA with producers Brandon Paddock (Avril Lavigne, Christina Perri, Timeflies), Tommy English (We Came As Romans, Black Veil Brides) and Matt Appleton (Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger).

Cody Carson - vocalist for band from Tampa, Florida - told RealSoundsOK: "I've always been borderline obsessed with the notion of duality. Something about the juxtaposition of two polar opposites seems so vulnerable and blatantly human to me. 

"Everyone has two sides, the side they let people see and the side they hide. In this record I decided to bare exactly who I am and what I go through in my day to day life. Love, heartbreak, sex, alcohol, happiness, sadness, anger, the human experience. I want you to hear this record and experience every human emotion you're capable of feeling.

"It's not just the lyrical content that represents duality, the instrumentals portray it as well. You'll hear dark, minor verses that transition to bright, happy choruses. Just like our lives, the great involuntary, impulsive non-stop roller coaster ride.

"I'm sick of fake people and watching them skate by with the idea that it's okay to put on an act to gain confidence and trust in their peers. Allow me to be the first to tell you this about myself: I am good, I am evil. I am solace, I am chaos. I am human, and that's all I've ever wanted to be. Be human with us and show us your true duality."

Set It Off premiered a clip of Why Worry during the inaugural Alternative Press Music Awards, which you can watch below.

For more on the band visit setitoffband.com or twitter.com/setitoff

No comments:

Post a Comment