Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Tallest Hogarth Q&A

Your name:
Darren Hogarth.

Where are you from?
I'm from Northamptonshire, one of the many villages in it (although the locals would fight anyone who called it a village and not a town).

Name of Band?
The Tallest Hogarth.

How would you describe yourself?
I'm a singer/songwritter but not of the James Blunt, Damien Rice whiny kind. I like to think that I've got a bit more of a rock/indie vibe. 

Who are your main influences?
Always a tough one. I grew up on The Wildhearts, Terrorvision, Offspring (the early years), Nirvana, Gomez, The Levellers and Blind Melon to name but a few.
However if I had to name a single person I guess it would have to be the Lemonheads' Evan Dando.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I'd love to be able to tell you that "I'm gunna be a superstar and take over the world", but in all honesty I'd be happy with some regular gigs and a handful of people that genuinely love my work.

Whats been the highlight of your career so far?
Haha career is probably stretching the truth (I'm a warehouse manager by day). 
Again I wish I could tell you about the time I played this stadium or that festival but I can't. I play local pubs and clubs. To me each of these small gigs is a highlight, each round of applause is a highlight. Every new follower or listen on soundcloud is a highlight. Every time I'm stopped by someone at the bar to tell me the enjoyed my set it's a highlight.

Whats been the moment you want to forget?
This is an easy one. When I was 15 or 16 I was in a grunge band called Nerve Drive. Our amps were home made and our instruments may have well been.
We were playing a local pub full of old guys who had no desire to watch us before we even started. Then we started. Our amps were just feedback, our guitars out of tune, the drummer was in his own world.  We didn't last on stage long, which in a way I'm kind of thankful for. Bit like putting a sick dog out of its misery.

If you had to pick one song to represent your music what would it be?
Now this is a tuff one. Probably the sort of question other people can answer about you in a split second. I think I'd go for either Rock and Dole or Hey Honey even though they are both pretty different. (I'm aware that's two but i just don't know).

Where can we listen to you?
You can listen to some of my tracks on soundcloud

Where can we find out more about your music?
You can keep up with what i'm up to, what gigs I've got ect on facebook or twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment