Saturday 8 November 2014

Yves Jean Q&A

Your name: 
Yves Jean.

Where are you from?
New York.

Name of band: 
Yves Jean.

Who else is in your band? 
Hired mercenaries. 

How would you describe yourself and your music?
I consider myself an optimistic positive person. However, at times, I find myself battling with realities of the world that can make you a cynic. Hence why I have many different styles and subject matter in my music. My music is alternative rock-based, with a heavy influence of world, electronic, jazz and pop.

Who are your main influences musically?
James Brown, The Police, Bob Marley, P-Funk, Jimi Hendrix, The Clash, Massive Attack, Salif Keita.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to continue to travel the world enlighten people. As well as have someone else handle this business of music.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Recently putting out my fifth release, my new EP. I did not think I’d be doing this 15 years later.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
Playing shows to three people in the audience when drove five hours to do the show.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Go To Hell (Wish You Well).  It shows the musical dynamics within many styles. This can be similar to what one goes through in life, in regards to inconsistencies.  

Where can we listen to it? 



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
It’s a unique way of writing with a pop sensibility. I have people that are fans of Aloe Blacc, One Direction, African music and The Clash.

No comments:

Post a Comment