Monday 8 December 2014

Matt Muré Q&A

Your name:
Matt Muré.

Where are you from?
Watford.

Who else is in your band? 
Alfie Tamarro(Drums) and Gene Taylor (Bass).

How would you describe yourselves?
Time Out called it 'Anthemic', NME's Mark Beaumont described it as 'Seductively melodic rock'n'roll that tore my club apart' and we've had comparisons drawn to everyone from Phoenix and The Big Pink to Modest Mouse and Interpol.

Who are your main influences musically?
Fortunately much of who we've been compared to. At the same time I try and listen to as much new and old as I possibly can.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
The primary goal is and has always been to keep making music and keep playing bigger shows. I've got my hit list of venues, festivals, radio shows and publications for this year but first and foremost is always the music. Over the next few months I've got a couple more singles I'm pushing to get out followed by an EP later in the year all of which I'm hoping to be key in playing some of these bigger shows and tour supports we're aiming for.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
In terms of performance headlining the 100 Club last year with my band was a huge milestone. Equally getting this début release out has been a long time coming and I'm very excited about the upcoming singles early next year.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
There was a moment 15 minutes before the 100 Club headliner where my band had been thrown out over a complete error in communication that escalated entirely out of proportion. I found myself between two bouncers, the bar manager and the promoter trying to calm things down and get my band on stage in time. It was a complete nightmare of what was one of our biggest shows to date. Fortunately everyone swallowed their pride and when we finally did get up on stage the drama and absurdity of it only helped fuel our performance.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The debut release Not Alone! It's been the longest time coming and has had the most thought in terms of the right song to put out first. 

Where can we listen to it?
You can watch the video for it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dpKkQAQyE0 and download it from bandcamp: http://mattmuremusic.bandcamp.com/



Anything else you’d like to say that I forgot to ask?
I'll be heading out for some warm up shows with my band throughout December and a London and regional tour throughout January and February 2015 so please come check us out!
More details can be found on the website and social media and more date are being confirmed shortly:
DEC 10th - Notting Hill Arts Club, TV Nights
JAN 31st - The Finsbury, Lost In The Manor
FEB 4th - 93 Feet East, BUZZ Mark Beaumont NME
FEB 15th - The Old Queens Head, Islington

No comments:

Post a Comment