Sunday 22 February 2015

Ashley Taylor Q&A

Your name:
Ashley Taylor.

Where are you from?
Well I'm from Bakersfield,California.Home of the Bakersfield sound and proud of it! LOL. I just recently moved to Nashville,Tennessee though and am loving it! 

How would you describe your music?
I have been described as country with a touch of bling! I mix country, pop and rock all together in one.

Who are your main influences musically?
I grew up listening to people like Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and the Dixie Chicks. My grandparents always had country on the radio! My mom on the other hand was a rocker and would play artists like Bon Jovi, Pat Benetar, Heart and Nickelback. They all really influenced me and helped develop me as a artist.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
You know if there is one thing I have learned it is to never put a limit on your dreams. So whatever happens happens. I just wake up everyday and try my hardest to be the best I can be.

What has been the highlight of your career so far and why?
It's hard to honestly pick one. I think I have had a lot of  great things happen like when I signed my first endorsement contract, or sold my first download, but I think the real highlight is every time someone tells me my music means something to them or help them get through something. That is why we as musicians are here!

And what's the moment you want to forget?
Haha! You know, I have had plenty of those but to be honest I would change any of them. From having your voice crack, forgetting your lyrics to your own song, drop your pick, etc... They make you learn things and remind you that nobody's perfect.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Oh boy that is a tough one! I will be releasing a new single this year so that would probably be the one. LOL! Look for it on my new site and on social media! It will be coming out this spring! 

Where can we find out more about your music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment