Sunday 22 February 2015

Martin Kristopher Q&A

Your name:
Martin Kristopher.

Where are you from?
A town in northern Germany.

Name of band:
I mainly work under the artist name 3dtorus, other outlets are Kanal Drei and DREIFALT.

Who else is in your band?
I'm making music on my own, but I love to collaborate with others.

How would you describe yourselves?
Calm, friendly and patient, with a tendency to melancholy and a brain like a serverfarm.

Who are your main influences musically?
Sonic Youth (epic track lengths and a lust for distortion), DJ Premier (Beats), an endless amount of Techno & DnB 12"s from the 90s (the feeling), Classic Dub and Reggae artists, (e.g. Lee Perry, Max Romeo, Horace Andy - because of their innovations, their love songs and their love for Jah).

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Whichever opportunity comes around, I´ll contemplate about it and say yes or no. Sky is the limit and (fortunately) music is the only thing I do.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Being able to express love, memories and emotions is definitely a huge highlight, more substantly I'd say, that people listen to my music, appreciate it, pay money for it and most important - are moved by it. Especially when it comes to my albums "Restored." and "Prag-25" which are both telling directly about my past. Thank you!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I have no really big scandal to offer, sorry. And I must admit, the rest was highly appreciated learning.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
"Graduation Loneliness" from my album "Restored." - simply because it describes the point in time which subsequently lead me to being a full-time artist by now. 

Where can we listen to it?


Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment