Sunday 31 May 2015

Lou Dominguez Q&A

Your name:
Lou Dominguez.

Where are you from?
Vienna, Virginia, USA.

How would you describe yourselves and your music?  
Folk/Americana.

Who are your main influences musically?  
Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Steve Earle, Leonard Cohen, U2, REM, Warren Zevon.

What do you hope to achieve in music?  
My goal is to get my songs heard by as many people as possible.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Working with Producer John Jennings whose producing and playing credits include but are not limited to Mary Chapin Carpenter, Indigo Girls, John Gorka, Tracy Grammar. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
LOL, Too many to list here. I once had a journalist come to a CD release party. She missed the show but asked if I could do a number as the house thinned out. I had done a bit too much celebrating after the set. I walked off the stage in the middle of the song like I was Axl Rose because I kept screwing up the song. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?  
Record Store. It's got a connection to the past, it's about music, it's straight forward, it's a good representation, although I hate having to pick one song :-)

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music? 

No comments:

Post a Comment