Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sebastian Janoski Q&A

Your name:
Sebastian Janoski.

Where are you from?
Lititz, Pennsylvania. It’s a small town in Lancaster County. We were just voted “coolest Small Town in America”. Lady GaGa spends a lot of time here (her fiancé is from here!).

Who else is in your band? 
Just lonesome old me!

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I would describe myself/my music as very unique. I’ve called it blues/pop fusion. I like to think of myself as a R&B soulful musician, many of the songs I write and perform have a soulful R&B feel as well. When I perform cover songs I like to take modern day pop songs as well as classic rock songs and put my soulful acoustic spin on them! I’m usually performing on my own with either my guitar or piano, but I plan on doing lots more shows with a full band as my summer shows come up around the country.

Who are your main influences musically?
I have been influenced by many musicians, especially some that are considered “unknown” such as my aunt Ann Straley as well as Alene McDermott. Alene passed away a few years back due to cancer. My most recent song Soar was specifically about Alene and how I know she’s watching over me and my musical career!
In regards to famous musicians, I would put Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin at the top of that list! If we are talking newer artists on the scene, I would have to say Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran would top that list, Adele as well.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I have always approached my music as something I do because I simply love music. If I can achieve fame and fortune because of it that’s just an added bonus. I plan on making my life and living about music and performing no matter what that brings.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Wow, there have been many highlights to my young career so far. Appearing on America's Got Talent season seven, performing on Katie Couric's show for Jordin Sparks and Clive Davis, movie roles and soundtrack work, but I would say the biggest highlight would be performing on Broadway in Disney's Newsies. I have a special love for theatre and acting, and being on Broadway was a dream come true!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I wouldn’t forget the good or the bad, it’s all part of my growth as an artist and I try to learn from all my experiences. I know that sounds a bit cheesy, but it truly is how I feel.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
My newest song Soar. I just put it up on Soundcloud for people to listen. It will be part of my upcoming EP later this year. I wanted to put out a taste of the type of music I have been working on and let people know that just because I’m a young teen artist don’t assume that the music is going to be the typical radio ready, cookie cutter pop that everyone is so used to hearing these days. I’m hoping fans both young and old will enjoy it.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
www.YOUTUBE.com/SebastianJanoski              

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I will be touring a lot more this summer and going directly to my fans live. Go to my website for links to my schedule as its released! Also, check out my video for When You Were My Girl on YouTube.

2 comments: