Sunday 3 May 2015

Taylor Casey Q&A

Your name: 
Taylor Casey.


Where are you from?
Santa Barbara, CA.


Who else is in your band?
I’m a singer/songwriter - I’m actually currently putting together a band to travel around with, but I recorded with Chuck Burgi (drums) and Andy Cichon (bass) of the Billy Joel Band, NYC blues hall of fame inductee Hugh Pool (guitar), and Grammy-nominated songwriter Larry Dvoskin (keys/organ).


How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I would say that I play folk, rock and Americana music.



Who are your main influences musically?
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Jim Croce, Dr. Dog, Bob Dylan, The Felice Brothers, James Taylor.



What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to keep on playing and make music that moves me and hopefully others as well.



What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Recording my first album was definitely the highlight, playing with such talented musicians took me to a whole new level.


And what’s the moment you want to forget?
My first open mic.


If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Heaven Knows - it just has that jangly, fun, upbeat vibe.


Where can we listen to it?




Where can we find out more about your music? 


Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?

My debut album was out April 28th! I’m really excited to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment