Sunday 7 June 2015

Kat Eaton Q&A

Your name: 
Kat Eaton.

Where are you from? 

Born in Cardiff, raised in Sheffield, now living in London.

Who else is in your band?

I’m a solo artist but I have some amazing musicians who play with me. Between them they’ve worked with Tom Jones, KT Tunstall, Ray Davies and Beverly Knight so I’m pretty lucky.

How would you describe yourself?
Ultimately I’m a soul/blues singer but I love any good song regardless of genre.

Who are your main influences musically?
I’m influenced by all genres but mostly blues and soul. Some of my favourite singers are Donny Hathaway, Bonnie Raitt, Susan Tedeschi, Aretha, Stevie Wonder and Joe Cocker.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
To carry on making good music and playing it to as many people as possible who want to listen! The main thing I love about singing and writing is when someone tells me that my song has moved them or inspired them. The more people I can reach, the more people I will hopefully connect with and the happier I’ll be.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Being played on Weekend Wogan on BBC Radio Two. It was the first time any of my music has ever been on national radio!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
I threw up in my mouth on stage once after eating too much. I swallowed and carried on singing! The show must go on!

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
‘Giving It Up’ because it’s a song I love singing and I never get bored of it. That’s why I chose it for my single.

Where can we listen to it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I67aBsCjJSM and it’s available on iTunes pre-order now.




Where can we find out more about your music?
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/giving-it-up-single/id995436153
www.twitter.com/kateatonmusic
www.facebook.com/kateatonuk
www.soundcloud.com/kateaton
www.youtube.com/kateatonmusic
www.kateaton.com

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I think you’ve covered it all ;) x

No comments:

Post a Comment