Thursday 10 September 2015

Afternoons In Stereo Q&A

Your name:  
Greg Vickers.

Where are you from?  
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Name of band:
Afternoons In Stereo.

Who else is in your band?
Just me.

How would you describe your music?
Jazz-influenced EDM.

Who are your main influences musically?
Jazz music in general, down-tempo and deep house, fusion, ambient, instrumental soundtrack music.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To continue to follow my creative muse as long as she is willing to inspire me.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why? 
Opening (DJing) for The Budos Band.

And what’s the moment you want to forget? 
I could stand to forget a few of the tracks on my first album.. :)

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Soul Sugar. All of the signature elements are there - the rhythm, the jazz, the mood and the groove.

Where can we listen to it?
Via my record label's Bandcamp page - timewarpmusic.bandcamp.com/album/retrospective



Where can we find out more about your music?
My record label's website - timewarpmusic.org/ais.html

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?  
The new release 'Retrospective' is a comprehensive look back at the funkier electronic music from my output. It was designed as a bookend to last year's 'A Jazz Odyssey' release, which explored the jazzier and mellower productions from the back catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment