Wednesday 9 September 2015

Geeta Q&A

Picture by Meliza Ash
Your name: 
Geeta.

Where are you from? 
Montreal but now living in London.

Who else is in your band? 
I play solo and I also play with Marc Olivier (guitars and other sounds).

Who are your main influences musically?  
There`s a lot...Ennio Morricone, Nick Cave, Patti Smith, Shirley Bassey, Leonard Cohen, Serge Gainsbourg...

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
To push and challenge myself to make my compositions better and more interesting and always staying true to myself. Writing and performing music is what gives meaning to my life so I'm just enjoying every step of this amazing journey and If people can relate to it then that`s even greater.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?  
Many...Most concerts, festivals, residencies and tours I have done and all the amazing people I have met along the way.

And what’s the moment you want to forget?  
Many...haha..playing in these funny places, auditioning the wrong people, concerts where everything goes bad... but it`s still funny souvenirs and a great laugh.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
Gossebumps. I always seek the sensation of goose bumps in everything I do.

Where can we listen to it?



Where can we find out more about your music?
www.geeta.ca
Album available on Bandcamp:  https://geeta.bandcamp.com/


Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?  
Album launch is on September 23rd at The Social in London. All my concerts info is on my website. www.geeta.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment