Friday 2 October 2015

Made Wade Q&A

Your name: 
Made Wade.

Where are you from?
Now based out of Ottawa after living in Toronto for nearly a decade, but originally from London, Ontario.

How would you describe yourselves?
A multifaceted lyricist and entertainer who specializes in rap music, rap battles, and spoken word poetry.

Who are your main influences musically?
I have an eclectic appreciation for hip hop (ranging from boom bap to trap) that extends to several other genres. Basically, I don't care if you're a metal head or a country singer. If you've got some talent and some work ethic then I can find some merit in what you do. BUT - if I have to play favourites, some of my big influences are: Big Pun, Big L, Gang Starr, The Roots, OutKast, Bone Thugs, Cypress Hill, Yelawolf and I could go on for days.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Because I don't just make music, I also do rap battles and write spoken word poetry, I would love to make a career out of all three. The dream would be to continue receiving grants to make music so I could tour the world and make a living from my live performances while also being commissioned to compete in rap battles and write/perform poetry pieces.  

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Opening for Mos Def was a big one and so was receiving (and completing) my first FACTOR grant-funded album. However, I think the highlight thus far has been opening up the 2011 Toronto TEDx conference with a brand new, never before performed, spoken word piece. It was exhilarating performing poetry of that magnitude that genuinely connected with a captive audience of 750 people. I will never forget the outpour of positivity that my partner (Truth Is...) and I received when we stepped off that stage. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
My KOTD GZ rap battle vs Luciano Crakk. Don't even both watching it. If you want to see me at my best, check out Made Wade vs Bulle or Made Wade vs Suspense. Just trust me on this one...

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why? 
My latest and greatest creation "Lady T.O." because of it's broad appeal and soulful sounds. It's an ode to a city (Toronto) that I once called home and a tribute to loving and appreciating a partner who's not always the easiest to love. It features flawless production by the legendary Relic AKA Rel McCoy and it is by far my best poetry/music video to date.

Where can we listen to it? 
(The Lady T.O. music video has received 14,000+ views in only 2 weeks!!!)


Where can we find out more about your music?

No comments:

Post a Comment