Tuesday 15 December 2015

Myth Guitar Q&A

Your name:
Mylène Douriez.

Where are you from?
France.

Name of band: 
Myth Guitar.

Who else is in your band? 
Me, myself and I. Or maybe should I say my guitar is the singer of the Myth Guitar project? 

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I write instrumental music. I refer to my tracks as my babies so I guess they sound a lot like me: dynamic, wild, feminine, indie and rock ’n’ roll. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Bob Dylan, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Cadaveria just to mention some artists. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Making people smile and dance is all what I wish. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Being able to record my album « Tap’ This ! » at home. The main challenge was to make it a 100 per cent tapping album, exploring different moods with one guitar technique only. I also recorded the drums and the bass myself. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
One day as I was changing the strings on my electric guitar, I hurt my palm with one of them. The pain made me scream and I woke the cat up. She was mad at me for a few hours because of that… 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I would say my newly released single « Graffiti Town ». It is a colourful track, quite catchy and cheerful. I believe it represents the album « Tap’ This! » well. 

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
I would like to thank you for your time and these interesting questions! Best wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment