Wednesday 20 January 2016

Throw The Temple Q&A

Your name:
My name is Gabriel Gambino, I do lead vocals and rhythm guitar.

Where are you from?
I reside in Albuquerque, NM, the home of Breaking Bad.

Name of band:
Throw The Temple.

Who else is in your band?
Throw The Temple is myself, Matias Garcia on lead guitar, Kody Audette on bass guitar, and Kent Sidlow on drums. I'd say they were like brothers to me.

How would you describe yourselves?
I would describe us as alternative rock. We've been described as having a sound from the 90s with tons of other influences mixed in.

Who are your main influences musically?
I love so many kinds of music. I loved hip hop and R&B and the Beatles as a kid. There isn't much I don't like in the realm of music. The cool thing is that all of us are that way and have tons of influences together, and we are all musically open-minded and open to working on anything we might like. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
Giraffes. We want to own Giraffes. I also wouldn't mind if Daisy Ridley (Rey from Star Wars) would give me a call. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Mostly awesome festivals we got to play here in Albuquerque. We got to do EdgeFest twice, the first was headlined by Incubus, the second was The Killers, there were all kinds of sweet bands to play with at those shows. Last year, we got to open to Highly Suspect, easily one of my favorite bands I ever got to share a stage with. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
We try and avoid that and drive on being the best we can right now, because you can't do anything to change the past moments. I did have a regrettable phase of looking like Walter from the Big Lebowski hahaha. 

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
No Way But Down was the first time we all really got together and crafted a song from a small idea. For myself, we had just lost a member of the band and it kinda represented moving forward. It's still one of my favorite songs to play. It's one of those songs I don't get sick of playing. 

Where can we listen to it?

Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
I just wanna thank everyone supporting smaller bands and giving us a chance to not stay small forever. I would hug all of you so many times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment