Tuesday 9 February 2016

Origin-X Q&A

Your name:
X.

Where are you from?
We love to say we come from hell!

Name of band
Origin-X.

Who else is in your band?
Y (yes, we're X & Y!)

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
I would describe our music as synthpop darkwave. It has a dark atmosphere with electro sounds. But our songs are also pop, as they have melodies and the classic "verse-chorus" format. The dark atmosphere is a big part of Origin-X's identity, as you can see from our videos or CD sleeves. Regarding us, we don't really like to show off. We are an anonymous band, as we won't reveal our true identity.

Who are your main influences musically?
I've always been a big fan of Radiohead. Their more experimental stuff with electro sounds inspired me, though our sounds are not very similar. But I really began making electro music after "meeting" virtually a musician called damian daviid, with whom I've collaborated. His music is an inspiration for me and I'm also influenced by bands like Ladytron, Depeche Mode or Joy Division.

What do you hope to achieve in music?
At the moment, we take things step by step. First, we'd like to complete our album! But as many musicians, we'd like to take it a step further and to have more people listening to our music.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Origin-X is not very well known, so there hadn't really been highlights so far. But we think the best is yet to come!

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
It should be all the times I've tried to achieve something with my songs and couldn't! I think all musicians know that. We have a vision in our head of what a song should be and sometimes it's difficult to recreate what we have in mind.  

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
I'd say The Chase. It's our first song from our first EP, The Beginning. It's been written like in a dream, without much reflection behind it, but it sums up perfectly the band's sound. It's dark, mysterious, yet accessible. I think it's also one of our fans' favourites.

Where can we listen to it? 


Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
If people like our music, they can download it for free on our bandcamp and soundcloud pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment