Tuesday 22 March 2016

Froomador Q&A

Your name:
Ryan Froom.

Where are you from?
Orlando, Florida.

Name of band:
Froomador.

Who else is in your band?
I'm going solo for now but intend on blending with and putting together a fixed band in the near future.  

How would you describe yourselves?
I like spending time connecting with people but sometimes I just need to retreat to my own solitude to recharge. So I guess that makes me introverted. I find rest and peace in the outdoors and singing can almost be as cathartic as surfing. My soon-to-be released album Can't This Wait combines nylon-string flavoring with the electrical pulse of alternative indie rock. There is also a Latin element that pokes its head up in certain tracks.

Who are your main influences musically?
For me it's never easy to pin-point the exact influences I draw from but the ones that I am aware of are...  Antonio Carlos Jobim, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Beach Boys and, and my very own dad.      

What do you hope to achieve in music?
I hope to keep making records, learning about different approaches to writing songs, sharpening my stage act...but more importantly being a better listener to music, to people and their stories. So much of the music being consumed now is image driven.  Maybe a bit of a far-fetched of a guess but...I wonder if what we view first is starting to become more and more the REASON why we listen? As a result of being over drenched by videos I feel like I'm losing the skill of active listening - meaning listening with a sense of intention without distracting images. For me viewing images while listening to a song can be sensory overload thus disrupting and making it hard to really hear (and missing out on) the subtle nuances that lie deep within a sonic landscape.     

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
The highlight came the day I decided to not be afraid of exposing my music.        

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Wow, that's a tough one. I'm not asking for alzheimer's but sometimes I want to forget all moments. I think this comes from a longing to live solely in the present moment. On the other hand not to sound too cliche but they say that "we don't remember days we only remember moments". I'm grateful for all moments (or those that i remember at least) because I recognize that my "being" or who I am currently is merely a culmination of every moment leading up to this point and/or experience that has happened to me - good/bad/ugly/or sad. But to be frank I suppose I'd rather not remember the moment when I got struck by lightning during a thunderstorm.             

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
At the moment I would say, Solar Energy. It touches on some environmental issues and I feel like... lyrically...it's one of my stronger songs.       

Where can we listen to it? 

Where can we find out more about your music?
froomador.com  (official site)

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
Please watch the music video single Solar Energy, which is out now. Oh yeah and...thanks for taking an interest in my music. Be well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment