Tuesday 17 May 2016

(I Am) Warface Q&A

Matt Warface.

Where are you from?
Brighton, England.

Name of band: 
(I AM) WARFACE.

Who is in your band?
Members are Matt Warface (vocals and main songwriter), Lou (guitars), Matt Whitehead (keys) and Alex Whibs (drums).

How would you describe yourselves?
The music is founded in my love of 80's synth pop but with a much more current and darker edge. Kinda a cross between Depeche Mode,  Kasabian and Muse. We are all very laid back guys and we like a good party but I do have a very serious side too. I'm a bit of a control freak. Animal lover. I love to paint. Lou is a great chef. Matt Whitehead loves to DJ. Alex loves women. 

Who are your main influences musically?
Influences for me are the brazen attitude of Jim Morrison, Josh Homme is an amazing and inspiring musician, I love Prince. Too many influences to mention really. Love all music. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
We want are basically to be as big as bands such as Muse or Coldplay. Music is everything to us. Our be all and end all.  

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
The song that most represents us I'd say is "To Die For". I'm most proud of this track. 

Where can we listen to it?
It can be listened to at https://youtu.be/ppyiHx4gO1M



Where can we find out more about your music? 

Anything else you’d like to say about your band/music that I forgot to ask?
That's pretty much it. All I really wanna say is I hope anyone reading this enjoys the tracks. It's a bit different from the current norm but still with a dark pop sensibility. It's a labour of love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment