Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tomorrow's Midnight Q&A

Your name: 
Jordan Sane (vocals/guitar) & Elena Red (drums).

Where are you from? 
Toronto, Canada.

Name of band: 
Tomorrow's Midnight.

Who else is in your band?
Russell Jackson-Wyatt (lead guitar), Tarun Dawar (bass) & Nikhil Carneiro (keyboards).

How would you describe yourselves and your music?
Modern rock 'n' roll!

Who are your main influences musically?
Black Keys, Social Distortion, July Talk, Foo Fighters, Gutter Twins.

What do you hope to achieve in music? 
Elena: I want to gain a fan base in places around the world that is as significant as in my home town. Putting a band on the road and bringing a great show to as many people as possible is my ultimate goal.
Jordan: I love being on the road so, as Elena said, playing to people and meeting fans in different cities every night is where I draw my most energy and enjoyment from.

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Jordan: I was fortunate enough to tour with Alice Cooper in a previous band and that was amazing. I learned a lot and just being around that level of artist, those musicians and that crew was inspirational every night and made me want to be a better performer. But the highlight was being asked back by Alice for a second tour leg because that meant that we impressed him and were the kind of people that an artist like that would want to be on the road with. It meant a lot to know that I had accomplished that. 
Elena: The first time I toured Australia. It was the first time I had travelled outside of Canada and music gave me that opportunity. Being in a foreign country and not knowing what was going to happen at each stop was a great experience. I discovered that I loved the touring life and want to continue exploring new places with Tomorrow's Midnight. 

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
Elena: I was playing a show in Toronto opening for an American touring band and had arranged to use their drum kit. It wasn't until sound check that I learned I would be playing their electronic drums. I was in a punk band and until then I'd only ever played those in a music store for fun but I knew I had to play as hard as I normally would. I probably looked like I was trying not to hurt a kitten!
Jordan: I had no memory of ever being in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Not until I read over the tour itinerary months later did I realize I had played there. I'm sure they have lovely people and I probably would have wanted to remember it... if I hadn't already forgotten.

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
We recorded a three-song EP before ever playing live and we chose those three songs because we felt they best represented our sound and the different styles that we incorporate. If we had to pick one it would probably be The Book Of Your Life. It's actually the first song we wrote for the band and is the lead-off song in our set. It contains the mix of bluesy guitar hooks and self-aware, but positive, lyrics that defines our songwriting.

Where can we listen to it?
Our three-song EP is available for stream and download at www.tomorrowsmidnight.bandcamp.com



Where can we find out more about your music? 
We encourage people to visit our website www.tomorrowsmidnight.ca which contains tour dates, photos and links to our music as well as our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages...
Twitter: @tomorrowsmid

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
First off, thanks for the Q&A! We've talked about some past experiences but we are always looking ahead and those experiences have helped to formulate what we do now and tomorrow. We love making music and sharing it with audiences but we're a live band at heart and the most important thing for us is getting out and playing; meeting with, and sharing moments with, people anywhere, any time. We hope to be sharing our show with audiences in the UK soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment