Monday 30 January 2017

Chris Flaskas Q&A

Your name:
Chris Flaskas.

Where are you from?
Born and bred on the famous Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.

Who else is in your live band?
I have been predominately been a solo multi-instrumentalist for some time now but as of late have finally formed a small band. I use a drummer trained in Middle Eastern percussion, and switch between a bassist and a lead guitarist. I play guitars, didgeridoos, harmonica and do vocals. 

How would you describe your sound?
I have branded my sound as "Earth Rock" which is a colourful mixture of roots, indie, rock, blues and folk. We have been described to be extremely uplifting, upbeat, funky and powerful with a touch of tribal spirit. 

Who are your main influences musically?
My Dad has probably been my biggest hero and inspiration. Since I was a grommet he's been gigging with many different bands. I also dig Xavier Rudd, John Butler, Ash Grunwald - actually theres too many to list. I'm really influenced by many genres and artists. 

What do you hope to achieve in music?
My goal is to travel abroad globally playing shows, sharing my music's message and to becoming recognised as a key Australian singer-songwriter talent in the industry for my compositions. 

What has been the highlight of your career so far, and why?
Wow there have been so many highlights. I get a huge buzz off playing to big crowds. Some happy memories: 
1. Fans coming up and expressing how much my music has touched there heart and changed their life. 
2. Playing MainStage at local festivals. 
3. Supporting The Black Sorrows, Ash Grunwald, Wild Marmalade w/ Paul George from Tijuana Cartel, Kooyeh and many other Artists I love. 
4. Recording my first Album (A NEW SUN), my E.P (When The Gold Is Gone) and finally my latest Single release (Kings Of High). 
5. Touring. I love it.  

And what’s the moment you want to forget?
My capo exploding at an intimate show and the parts shooting in people’s faces. Haha funny, but not funny.  

If you had to pick just one of your songs to represent your music, what would it be and why?
Ohh Maybe "When The Gold Is Gone". It’s tribal raw roots, what I love and do best. 

Where can we listen to it? 




Where can we find out more about your music?

Anything else you’d like to say about your music that I forgot to ask?
Music has become more than an self-expression for me it’s become a way of living and viewing life. Each and every song is so special capturing a snippet of time in the past or future at that very moment it was created. I have come to see the importance for music in our world and am grateful as an emerging artist to understand this truth and share the heart of music with you all. Cheers for the recognition.  


No comments:

Post a Comment